Growing your remodeling business can be TOUGH. As in “trying to scale the side of a cliff with a 100lb-dumbbell strapped to your back” tough. And no safety net.
If you’re having troubling growing, know that you’re not alone. Many remodeling companies have problems boosting business. And the reasons why are likely similar to yours. In fact, the reasons for growth issues that can haunt remodelers are pretty much universal:
- Problems with lead generation
- Low closing rates
- Lack of follow-up systems
- Lackluster online reputation
- Not knowing “the numbers”
Fortunately, there is a silver lining—a BIG silver lining.
MarketSharp is Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM) built SPECIFICALLY for remodeling contractors. MarketSharp helps you solve ALL of your biggest growth-related challenges: Lead generation, closing, productivity, scheduling, marketing, accounting… and then some.
In fact, MarketSharp can help you grow your business by as much as 50% in the next year… without monumental, scaling-a-cliff level of effort. To prove it, let’s look at the issues mentioned above in more detail and how MarketSharp helps solve each one.
Complete the form to download the FREE “Cliff Notes” version to use as a reference tool to grow your business.
Problem #1: Lead Generation
Lead generation is the Grand Daddy of growth-related problems for remodelers. Seven out of 10 remodelers cite “Consistent Lead Generation” as their company’s biggest challenge.
Simply put… if you’re not getting leads, you’re not getting the chance for business. And if you’re not getting the chance for business, you’re not making money. And if you’re not making money… well, you can fill in that blank.
And it’s not enough just to generate leads… you have to generate QUALIFIED leads. If you specialize in roof replacement, you don’t want leads looking for roof repair. If you install windows, you don’t want people calling you to fix their broken windshields.
In other words—it’s not just about getting every Tom, Dick, and Sally to contact you. It’s about getting every Tom, Dick, and Sally who is actively interested in your services to contact you.
How MarketSharp Helps…
MarketSharp contains numerous lead-generation tools, apps, and solutions—and many of them require little to no effort on your end. As a result, you’ll increase lead flow while saving time. Here’s a look at a few of the lead-generation programs contained in MarketSharp:
- MarketSharp Mail – Turnkey direct-mail fulfillment with over 30 proven industry-specific templates.
- SmartMailPlus – Generate a lead-drawing radius-marketing campaign in 60 seconds. This automated program is proven to get leads with bare-minimum effort.
- 800response – Businesses with “800” phone numbers in their advertising see 25-50% higher response rates. We’ve teamed with 800response to help our customers achieve the necessary brand prestige that produces more leads.
- ApexChat – A 24/7 live online chat service that focuses on the home-improvement industry. Seventy-nine percent of businesses say live chat has had a positive impact on lead generation and sales.
- Lead Provider Integration – MarketSharp integrates with the industry’s best lead-generation services, including HomeAdvisor, QuinStreet, and Three Deep Marketing.
Problem #2: Lead Conversion
Let’s say you generate leads just fine. In fact, you’re one of the few remodeling contractors who has somehow managed to swim in leads.
The question then becomes… are you closing your leads as effectively as you should be?
Issued home-improvement leads cost an average of $377 per lead. If you have trouble converting leads into customers, that can add up to Big Bucks (capital B’s) quickly. In terms of growth, leaving money on the table like this is one of the worst things that can happen.
How MarketSharp Helps…
According to statistics, you can recover 60% of unsold leads by setting up call reminders, introducing salespeople, and following up with automated emails or targeted direct mail. Here are a few ways MarketSharp helps with that AND closing more jobs during the appointment:
- MarketSharp Email – Over 40 automated emails campaigns that target unsold leads and past customers, so you can generate and close more jobs.
- CallSource – CallSource automatically tracks and records each call your business gets. Call Tracking tells you which ads generated qualified leads and which didn’t. Gain key insight into your inbound calls to analyze performance, generate more leads, track ad spending, and train staff.
- Renoworks – Prospects are much more likely to buy when they can visualize their projects. Renoworks is a powerful project visualizer that will stun your prospects and let you close more jobs.
Problem #3: Follow Up
Eighty-four percent of online leads go to the first company to respond to inquiries. If you don’t have the proper follow-up system in place, you’re losing out on business. Period.
A proper follow-up system relies on automation. As soon as a lead comes in, you NEED to know about it—and be able to react instantly. Consider this: Your chances of converting a lead increase a whopping 391% if you respond within one minute.
How MarketSharp Helps…
MarketSharp helps ensure a lead never “slips through the cracks.” MarketSharp’s automated follow-up systems allow you to get in touch with a lead during that crucial first 60 seconds, as well as regularly follow up with those unsold leads. Here’s how…
- Socius Marketing – A leader in SEO and PPC marketing, Socius Marketing integrates with MarketSharp to automatically push leads to the MarkethSharp program for instant follow up.
- Constant Contact – Constant Contact is one of the leading email services for remodelers. We’ve partnered with them, so you can easily import your contacts and take advantage of the powerful, proven email tools Constant Contact provides.
- MarketSharp Email – Mentioned in #1, MarketSharp Email lets you automatically follow up with prospects and unsold leads. Stay in your lead’s minds with powerful nurture emails, newsletters, and more.
Problem #4: Lack Of Online Reviews
Independent online reviews are one of the most effective forms of social proof. Eighty-four percent of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from friends. The more great reviews you have, the more you’re viewed as THE authority in your industry by potential customers.
What’s more—studies show that just a couple bad online reviews about your business can affect over half of consumers’ decision to buy from you.
Bottom line: Online reviews are a MUST to grow in today’s age.
How MarketSharp Helps…
Seamless integration with some of the remodeling industry’s leading online-review apps allows you to build your reputation quickly and easily. Here’s how…
- GuildQuality – GuildQuality collects reviews from your customers on your behalf. MarketSharp is configured to give you the ability to automatically push completed job data seamlessly to GuildQuality every day. GuildQuality then interviews every customer about their experience throughout the building and remodeling process and provides immediate results back to you.
- Listen360 –MarketSharp’s utilizes Listen360’s ability to boost clients’ online reputations by streaming positive feedback to their websites and encouraging happy customers to share recommendations and promotions on social channels.
Problem #5: Not Knowing Your Numbers
Determining what’s working in your business, financially speaking, is critical to growth. Knowing your numbers allows you to determine exactly where you’re maximizing your dollars—as well as where you’re losing money.
And NOT knowing your numbers? It’s like throwing darts in the dark. Even if you’ve hit the bullseye—which probably won’t happen—you’ll have no idea if you’ve done so. In other words… not know what’s working is not an option if you want TRUE growth.
How MarketSharp Helps…
MarketSharp tracks and measures every Key Performance Indicator (KPI), including net sales, net sales per lead issued, salesperson closing ratios, leads generated by primary lead source, and more. The following MarketSharp programs and apps are just a few that can help…
- Performance Dashboards – Track and measure every KPI including net sales, net sales per lead issued, salesperson closing ratios, leads generated by primary lead source, and more.
- Multi-Database Management – If you have multiple divisions or offices, this connects all databases to one hub. Seamlessly log into any location/division to share employees, lead sources, products, and other key information.
- QuickBooks – Streamlined integration with QuickBooks allows you to quickly transfer job and sales info to and from MarketSharp to your QuickBooks account.
- One Click Contractor – Customized estimation, measurement integration, and instant contract generation captures all of your sales details for mistake-free record keeping.
Request Your Free Live Demo Today
For a firsthand experience of how MarketSharp can help you grow 50% this year—with minimal effort—book your free live demo today.
A MarketSharp representative will take you on a virtual tour of the program that lasts about 45 minutes. The demo is zero pressure, 100% educational, and free from obligation. Click here now and submit your email on the subsequent page. We’ll follow up with you shortly to schedule a convenient time for your demo.
How We’ve Helped Our Clients Grow…
“We have GROWN 282% since we implemented MarketSharp CRM software!” –Brian Beachy, Sun City Awning & Patio
“For the first time in 11 years, I do not have a problem with leads slipping through the cracks. Plus, our customers are better taken care of so our repeat and referral business is growing like crazy!” –Riley Rogers, 3-D Seamless Siding, Inc.
“In the first two weeks, we EASILY generated 8 new leads (3 of those have turned into sales) because the built-in direct marketing functionality did all the work for me.” –MMY Wiedemeier, Choice Builders
“We have only been using MarketSharp for 2 months, and it has helped our business tremendously in that short period of time. Going into the second month our sales have almost tripled. We have yet to unleash the full power of this program, and are in the process of hiring 3 more sale people, and a part time office assistant. MarketSharp has really gotten us off the ground quickly, and we expect to quadruple our sales from last year.” –Rick Sepulveda, Dr. Roof
“Since using MarketSharp, our business has gone from $300,000 to $2.3 million in 15 years. Greatest investment we ever made for our company…runs the whole shebang!” –Jim ‘Murph’ Murphy, Murphy Window and Sunroom
Thanks for reading.
Michelle M. Nowlan, MarketSharp Co-President
Home Improvement Industry Enthusiast since 1992. Proud River Rat. Extreme Dog Lover.